Help us keep this service free
Chapel Mill, Lenham
House conversion, some machinery. The mill at Chapel Farm is a tiny structure, which functioned until the turn of the century. All of the machinery was believed to have been removed in the 1950’s, together with the mill pond being filled in. In 1985, the owner was rebuilding the structure for conversion, when he dug out the old wheel pit, and found the axle and parts of the four armed waterwheel, together with half the pitwheel and other gear. This has been preserved as a garden feature.
|Alternative names||Bayton Mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 90314 50289|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Historic England National Heritage List for England
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Kent LIV.NW (1898)
Rob Cumming, May 2016
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.