The Archive occupies three floors of an historic building dating from 1688, and access for people with mobility problems is limited.
- A parking space can be reserved at the front of the building if you warn us in advance that you will need one.
- Our office and reading room are on the ground floor of Watlington House with level access.
- The Founders’ Room (for meetings and courses) is on the first floor, up an uneven flight of stairs that bend to the left halfway up. The stair rail is on the left rather than the right.
- The toilets, kitchen and refectory are in the basement, down a steep flight of internal stairs with low headroom halfway down.
- There is an outside toilet block in the garden including one with internal rails and raised seat. Access to the garden from the House is via a steep flight of external steps, but it may also be reached externally via the side gate in South Street, around the corner from the main entrance to the House.
- The Garden Hall (where we hold functions) is also in the rear garden.