After spending the summer volunteering at The Mills Archive, I have now completed my project regarding the role of women in the milling industry. The pages are now available as part of the new Themes section on this site.
I have produced a series of web pages from my research, which I hope will be a useful and interesting addition to The Mills Archive website. Researching the role of women in the milling industry has been an interesting and rewarding pursuit, which I have greatly enjoyed. I hope you enjoy looking at the web pages, and I would welcome any further comments.
The main sections are:
- Milling: background social history
- Where do women fit in?
- The role of women in the milling industry
- How were women directly involved in the milling industry?
- How were women indirectly involved in the milling industry?
- The destiny of the small local miller
- The twentieth century and today