Thank you for visiting our web site. We hope that you will find it interesting and useful, but we do have to mention some necessary rules. Please note in particular the information below about using our Shop.
(1) The Mills Archive Trust (“the Trust”) is responsible for this Web site (the “Web site”).
(2) These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to all of the information, text, photographs and any other material of any type (the “Content”) posted from time to time on this Web site. By using any part of this Web site you accept these Terms and Conditions.
(3) The Trust may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to review these Terms and Conditions, because all amendments will also be binding on you. Note that certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated terms and conditions located on particular pages at this Web site.
ACCESS TO OUR WEB SITE
(4) From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of our Web site to Friends of the Mills Archive.
(5) If you choose or are provided with a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We may disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, at our discretion.
LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
(6) You are permitted to download Content from this Web site for personal use only.
(7) The Content may not be made available, reproduced, published, modified or manipulated in any way by you without the written permission of the Trust.
(8) Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, moral rights and other intellectual property rights in the Content on this Web site are owned by the Trust and/or other copyright owners as noted on this Web site. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of Content on our Web site must always be acknowledged.
(9) The Trust is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others, and has taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that the reproduction of text and images on this Web site is with the full consent of copyright owners and that all copyright owners are acknowledged in such reproduction. The Trust requires all users of this Web site to similarly respect intellectual property rights. If you feel that your own copyright has not been fully respected by us, please contact us. The Trust will immediately take down any infringing material upon request.
(10) No copies of the Content may be made except for personal use. Personal use means non-commercial, domestic use by an individual involving the making of single copies. All forms of commercial use without the explicit permission of the Trust are forbidden.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
We take our responsibilities as a data controller very seriously. We will never use your information in a way that is unlawful or unethical. Access to the data we process is restricted and treated confidentially. We do not process data more than is necessary to achieve our legitimate interests and to provide a public service.
To read our privacy statement, click here.
(15) While the Trust endeavours to ensure that the Content on this Web site is correct, it makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, in connection with the Web site. The Trust and its officers and agents expressly exclude all liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, for any loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with your use of this Web site.
(16) Commentary and other materials posted on our Web site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Web site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
(17) Where our Web site contains links to other web sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience and information only. Such links do not imply that we endorse those third party sites or resources or necessarily agree with any of the views or information set out on them. We have no control over the contents of those web sites or resources, and can accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
(18) We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Content of our Web site at any time without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Web site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Any of the material on our Web site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
(19) This notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Please contact us if you require more information.
USING OUR SHOP
(20) Items, pricing and availability
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of items available from the Trust correspond to the actual items, we are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. In particular all items are sold on the understanding that they may show evidence of previous ownership.
- The Trust does not represent or warrant that items will be available as we cannot take into account sales that have taken place during your visit to the Web site. If an item that is ordered has already been sold, we will make every effort to find a satisfactory replacement in as short a time as possible and keep you informed of progress. If we cannot fill the order within 14 days we will offer you a full refund and an opportunity to be placed on a waiting list for that item.
- All pricing information on the Web site is correct at the time of going online. The Trust reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- If prices are changed during the period between an order being placed and the Trust processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price.
- The Trust is not VAT registered.
- The Trust will notify you by email when your items are to be dispatched to you.
- If the Trust receives no communication from you within 10 days of delivery regarding any problems with the items, you are deemed to have received the items in satisfactory condition and with no problems.
(22) Returns policy
Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur when we send you an email indicating that your order has been fulfilled and dispatched.
We are anxious to ensure that your purchases meet your expectations, so we are happy to accept returns and offer replacements or full refunds in the situations listed below. In each instance you should contact us within 10 days to arrange collection and return. You will be given the option to have the items replaced or to receive a refund of the price you paid through the payment method you used when placing the order. Refunds or replacements will be issued when we receive the returned items, which must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation.
- Items which do not match those that you ordered, or have major faults not described on the web site.
- Items damaged in transit (you should report such damage to the Trust immediately).
- Items bought in error can only be returned if their packaging remains unopened and the items can be re-sold without additional work on the part of the Trust. In this instance you are responsible for paying shipment costs in both directions.
- If you wish to return items to the Trust for any of the above reasons, please contact us to make the appropriate arrangements.
We reserve the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Items;
- Any characteristics of the Items which may cause them to lose value;
- The fact that the Items that the packaging has been opened;
- Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the items to reflect any lack of quality made known to the customers at the time of purchase.
(23) International customers
If items are being ordered from outside the United Kingdom, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your items reach their destination. We are not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the items, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the items are being imported. Please be aware that items may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and we cannot guarantee that the packaging of your items will be free of signs of tampering.