Waterwheel Higher Mill, Helmshore

£29.00

High resolution digital image from our catalogue

The thirty second item is the third photograph featuring the watermill known as the “Higher Mill of Helmshore”. The photograph was produced in 1961. We are informed that the water wheel was constructed between 1820 and 1830 and that it had a “20 feet diameter” and was “10 feet wide” with oak buckets which were “formerly iron.” The last time the mill was in operation was in December 1954. From the perspective of the year 1961, the water wheel was still in “good condition and able to revolve.”

SKU: 158290 Category: Tag: