Melin y Bont, Bryn Du, Llanfaelog
Built in 1825, this was a combined water and windmill in which the millstones could be driven from the waterwheel below or the sails above. Its sails were removed in 1930 and it continued to work solely by water power. The interior was destroyed by fire in 1973. The mill was converted into a house in 2006-2007. Grade II Listed.
|Alternative names||Melin Isaf, Melin y Bont Combined Mill|
|Power source||Water, Wind|
|Mill type||Combined mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Bryn Du, Llanfaelog|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SH 3456 7255|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Guise, Barry & George Lees, Windmills of Anglesey, 2nd edn (Scotforth Books, 2010), p. 105
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Anglesey XVII.SW (1888)
Related shop products
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.