Stambridge Mill, Rochford
In existence by the late 18th century, the mill was taken over by William Hugh Rankin in 1824. The construction of a steam mill nearby took over most of the work, but the tide mill remained operational until 1951. It burnt down in 1964.
|Mill type||Tide mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 886 903|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Carmichael, Harry, Stambridge : a tide mill in Essex (Essex Education)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Essex LXX (1880)
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.