Lovehurst Mill, Staplehurst
House conversion, no machinery. Lovehurst Mill is an attractive three storey white brick and weatherboard building which worked until the beginning of this century. The overshot wheel was removed during the Second World War and the machinery shortly afterwards. It was converted into house in the 1970's and the wheel pit forms part of a garden.
|River||Tributary to Beult|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 78011 41461|
- Alan Stoyel, Mills Archive Foundation Trustee
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Kent LXII (1873)
Rob Cumming, May 2016
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.