Coxes Lock Mill, Addlestone
Mr Cox, an iron entrepreneur started building an iron mill on the site in 1776. The three mill buildings were a mixture of industrial milling, foundry and accomodation. John Bunn acquired the lease in 1808, and the mill was converted to flour production in the 1830's. The mill was rebuilt in 1901 and extended in 1906.
This mill had a water turbine.
|Power source||Electricity, Steam, Water|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill, Watermill|
|Mill function||Corn mill, Forge mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 061 641|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- H.E. Malden (ed), Volume 2 Victoria County History: Surrey (1911)
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Surrey XI.11 (1896)
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 167
Related shop products
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.