Dodd's Mill, Chenies
Built of light-coloured brick, with a slate roof and skylights, the mill adjoins a half-timbered mill cottage. It was always operated as a corn mill; papers from 1848 refer to an adjoining paper mill. By the 1930s the mill had fallen into disuse and was used for dairy farming, though all the machinery remained. The name Dodd’s Mill derives from George Dodd who was the proprietor in years gone by, with records from 1798 and 1843.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 015 987|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.