Bowman's Mill, Astwick
Built by James Bowman in 1847, and open until 1922. It began as water-powered stone mill, and in 1891 6 roller mills were added, along with a steam engine. It was converted into a private home and is Grade II Listed.
|Alternative names||Astwick Mill|
|Power source||Steam, Water|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill, Watermill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TL 2167 3843|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Historic England National Heritage List for England
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Bedfordshire XXIII.SE (1884)
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 01
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.