Pan Mill, Newport
There has been a watermill on this site since medieval times. The mill was purchased by Mr James Thomas in 1885, who sought to modernise the mill. In 1908 the mill was updated to a roller mill, usuing the lastest Henry Simon Ltd machinery. It also had a water turbine.
The mill closed in the 1970s and has since been turned into part of a business centre.
|Power source||Electricity, Steam, Water|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill, Watermill|
|Location||Newport, Isle of Wight|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SZ 503 889|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Hampshire and Isle of Wight XCV.2 (1908)
- The Miller (7 December 1908)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.