Bassetbury Mill, High Wycombe
The present mill dates from about 1690 and is constructed of red brick. For most of its life, it was used as a corn mill and the last corn miller was H T Turnbull in about 1933. Then for a brief period, the mill was used to make a patent flock for filling upholstery, after which the milling machinery was removed and the building became an antique warehouse.
This mill had a breastshot waterwheel.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 877 924|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.