Scott's Mill, Chippenham
The mill was part of the estates of Stanley Abbey. It was let to H Goldney, clothier, in 1526 and to J Scott in 1554 and held by the Scott family to 1744 and the Palmer family until the 19th century. The mill was demolished in 1987.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||ST 9501 7346|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Wiltshire XX.15 (1886)
Jack Iason, September 2020
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.