Marsh Mill Farm, Marsh
The hamlet of Marsh is located in the parish of Great and Little Kemble. The lower floor was constructed of brick, whilst the upper floor was of tarred wood, with a slate roof above. The most recent wheel, installed in 1870, was 11ft and overshot. A steam engine drive had been added at some stage. The mill had become disused by the 1930s and was in a poor state when visited by Stanley Freese. A single storey block with a corrugated roof was all that remained in 1973 to define the former corn mill.
|Mill function||Farm mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 820 092|
- Major, J K, SPAB Mills Section Record Card
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.