On the River Tove, this mill has variously been known as Thorpe Mill, Castle Thorpe Mill and Hanslope Mill. The latter name was used from Domesday until at least 1608. The current mill is a fine building of plastered stone with a tiled roof; the mill is at the western end and the eastern end is a residence. It was in working order in the 1930s. The mill was operated by two low breastshot wheels, both 12 ft diameter, 4 ft wide. By 1979, the mill was no longer functional as parts of the gearing in both drives were missing. The house was undergoing restoration. It is now a private residence.
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 789 445|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
- SPAB Mills Section Record Card - J K Major, 1979
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.