On the river Ouse, a mill has occupied this site for certain since 1244, and probably there was a mill there at Domesday. The current building is mainly 18th century with some 19th century extensions and alterations, of stone with some brick inserted, and has a slate roof. It is thought that milling using water was curtailed by the construction of a weir downstream, in contravention of milling rights, and by the 1930s the mill was driven by an oil engine. The building is now Grade II listed.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 734 353|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.