Twyford Mill, Poundon
On a tributary of the Great Ouse, there has been a mill on this site since 1321. In the 1930s the mill was still in service and water-driven. The wheel was 12 ft diameter. The building consists of a combined farmhouse and mill, of red brick and stone.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 656 270|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Farley, Michael, Edward Legg and James Venn (Ed), The Watermills of Buckinghamshire: A 1930s account by Stanley Freese with original photographs (Buckinghamshire Archaeological Society, 2007)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.