Osney Mill, Oxford
On the Thames, this mill was destroyed by fire in 1946. It was originally associated with the 12th-century Osney Abbey. In its final form, the mill was constructed in 1845 as a large brick building on 4½ floors. A turbine with steam auxiliary drove 4 pairs of stones, saw-mill and bone-mill.
This mill had a water turbine.
|Alternative names||Munsey's Mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 504 059|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Foreman, Wilfred, Oxfordshire Mills (Phillimore & Co, 1983)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.