Thrupp Mill, Shipton on Cherwell and Thrupp
On the Cherwell, the mill ceased working in 1793 as a result of the creation of the Oxford Canal. The company involved in the canal works bought the mill from Kidlington Parish. The buildings are no longer recognisable, but the tail race was still traceable in the 1980s.
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Shipton on Cherwell and Thrupp|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 483 159|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Foreman, Wilfred, Oxfordshire Mills (Phillimore & Co, 1983)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.