North Newington Mill, North Newington
Situated on the Sor Brook, this mill was referred to as Collesmill in 1444. It has been used for a variety of purposes. It was first a corn mill, was converted to paper in 1684, then was used for bone-grinding, and reverted to a corn mill during the first world war. The 18 ft by 7 ft b/s metal wheel was still workable in the early 1980s.
This mill had a breastshot waterwheel.
|Mill function||Bone mill, Corn mill, Paper mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 423 394|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Foreman, Wilfred, Oxfordshire Mills (Phillimore & Co, 1983)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.