Cokethorpe Mill, Hardwick with Yelford
On the Windrush, this former corn mill has been adapted to pump estate water in the form of a Gothic Tower and known as “The Fish House”. The mill, dating from 1723, was converted to residential use in the second half of the 20th century. Inside the building was a well-preserved 9 ft by 4 ft oak undershot wheel.
|Alternative names||The Fish House|
|Mill function||Pumping mill/wheel|
|Location||Hardwick with Yelford|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 373 066|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Foreman, Wilfred, Oxfordshire Mills (Phillimore & Co, Chichester, 1983)
- Major, J K, SPAB Mills Section Record Card (1973)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.