Nuneaton Flour Mill, Nuneaton
A mill in Nuneaton is mentioned in the Doomsday Book. A steam engine was erected at the mill in 1816, and upgraded in 1863. In 1868 John Knowles bought and took over the mill. On 15 May 1885 the mill was burnt to the ground; by September a new stone foundation was laid out for a new mill in the same location. The new five storey mill began production on 24 September 1886.
The mill continued production until 1970 and was demolished in 1973.
|Power source||Electricity, Steam, Water|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill, Watermill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 363 917|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- James Ostler, The Insurance News (15 May 1886)
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Warwickshire XI.9 (1914)
- Peter Lee, Riversley Park: A Tour of the Park and Timeline (2013)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.