Stanway Watermill, Stanway
There were four mills in Stanway in 1291. The surviving mill was a fulling mill which was converted to corn milling in the 17th century. From the mid 19th century it was the estate sawmill. It fell into disuse in the 1950s. The building was used for workshops, before being restored as a corn mill by Chris Wallis and Dave Empringham from 2002. The restored mill was re-opened by the Prince of Wales on 30 October 2009.
|Corn mill, Fulling mill, Saw mill
|England, United Kingdom
|SP 060 321
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.