The Vatch Mill, Slad
Originally a corn mill called Veyseies Mill and owned from the 16th - 18th centuries by the Clissold family. In the early 19th century it was occupied by Henry Wyatt, and was rebuilt after a fire in 1827. By the mid 19th century it was a woollen mill, powered by water and steam, and was owned successively by N S Marling, William Fluck and Robert Hastings. It was demolished c 1900. Some cottages were retained, and further houses were built with recycled stone and brick from the mill.
|Alternative names||Veyseies Mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill, Woollen mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SO 871 066|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Gloucestershire XLI.16 (1885)
Colin Stratton, February 2018.
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.