Thornton Mill, Thornton-le-Dale
This mill had a water turbine.
The mill was purchased by the Burgess family in 1922, and was named Victory Mill after WWII. The mill ceased being used to mill flour in 1963 and became an animal feed business. In 1987 the mill became the company headquarters and was no longer used for manufacture.
|Alternative names||Burgess Mill, Victory Mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Thornton-le-Dale, North Riding of Yorkshire|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SE 83658 83474|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Harrison, John K, Eight Centuries of Milling in North East Yorkshire (North York Moors National Park Authority, 2001)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Yorkshire 91 (1854)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.