Southcote Mill, Reading
A pumping station built in 1850 to pump fresh water from the Kennet to the Bath Road reservoir and water tower. It was powered by two Gilkes Francis turbines. It was converted into residences in the late 1970s.
|Alternative names||Southcote Water Works|
|Mill function||Pumping mill/wheel|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 6923 7126|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Berkshire XXXVII.6 (1899)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.