Garrison Mill, St Marys
Two mills dating probably from the early 17th century stood here. By the mid 18th century they were ruined and one was eventually demolished. From 1831 the tower of the remaining mill was used by the coastguard and around 1869 it became a lookout for reporting shipping movements. In 1882 it was purchased by Lloyds of London. It is now used as holiday accommodation.
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||St Marys, Isles of Scilly|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SV 8980 1033|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Cornwall LXXXVII.SW (1889)
- Windmill World
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.