Bridle's Mill, Owslebury
A windpump built c 1860 to pump water from a 500 foot borehole for a nearby farm. It was constructed with an annular sail, later replaced with ten small sails. In 1914 the cap and sails were removed and an engine installed to work the pump. It ceased work around 1955 and was demolished in 1969.
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Pumping mill/wheel|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 51466 23575|
- Blythman, Guy, Windmills of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight (Mills Archive, 2016), p. 96
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Hampshire and Isle of Wight L.14 (1909)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.