Tower mill, Wendover
Completed in 1804, and originally used for corn milling, this mill lost its sails in 1904. The mill was then worked by steam for a period, before ceasing work in 1926. It became a house conversion by 1931. A tall tower mill with 8 sides, it originally had four sails. In 1969 the cap was rebuilt. In 1973 the four cross arms remained, as did the windshaft and brakewheel.
|Alternative names||Wendover Windmill|
|Mill type||Tower mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SP 873 082|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Group, "Buckinghamshire Windmills" (Records of Bucks, 20 (4), 1978)
- Major, J K, SPAB Mills Section Record Card (1973)
- Smith, Arthur C, Windmills in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire: a contemporary survey (Stevenage Museum publications, 1976)
- Windmill World
Related shop products
Related publications in the library
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.