Bute Mills, Luton
The mill was a steam powered roller mill completed in 1911 on Bute Street, Luton, next to the railway. It belonged to the Brown family. From 1928-9 it was in use as a hat factory, and in 1939 was sold to Richard Haigh and used to produce fertiliser for Produx Industries, later Garotta Products. Fertiliser production had ceased by the 1980s. The building was used by advertising agency Butterfield Morris Bushell from 1993 to 2009, and then purchased by youth organisation Youthscape in 2013. The interior was refurbished and the building reopened by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2016.
|Alternative names||Great Northern Steam Mills|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TL 093 214|
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Bedfordshire XXXIII.5 (1880)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.