Marsh Green Mill, High Wycombe
The mill was built as a corn mill in the 17th century. It became a paper mill by 1789 and was the site of a riot in 1830 which destroyed the new Fourdrinier machine which was seen as threatening the jobs of workers. In the 1840s it became a corn mill again, and steam power was later added. In 1925 the site was bought by Sydney Mitford. The mill ceased work in the 1950s.
|Alternative names||Upper Marsh Mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SU 87898 92131|
- Snoxell, David, “Old Mill Cottage and Marsh Green Mill” (The High Wycombe Society Newsletter, 135, Spring 2005, pp. 8-9)
Matthew Haigh, September 2020
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.