Pantolwen Mills, Llandysul
A water-powered corn mill and woollen mill in the historic county of Cardiganshire, Wales.
See related images and documents.
See images only.
Grade II Listed corn mill, later part of woollen mill complex. Mill seems to have been a corn mill incorporated into woollen mill complex built 1895. Deteriorating condition (1991). The woollen mill was established in 1895 and in 1947 was owned by D. C. Thomas, and produced carthenni and fringed quilts. It appears to have ceased production by 1962 (Jenkins, pp. 290, 299).
|Alternative names||Felin Pant-haulwen|
|Mill function||Corn mill, Woollen mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SN 41630 41923|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Jenkins, J. G., The Welsh Woollen Industry (National Museum of Wales, 1969)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Cardiganshire XL.SE (1889)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Cardiganshire XL.SE (1953)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.