Hanley's Mill, Doncaster
A mill had stood on this site from 1788. Robinson and Hanley took the mill over from Thomas Walker Fox in 1874 and ran it until it burnt down in 1881. A roller flour mill was then constructed. The firm became Hudson, Robinson and Hanley in 1885 and Thomas Hanley and Son in 1893. The business was acquired by Joseph Rank in 1923. The mill closed in the 1970s and was demolished in the early 1980s.
|Alternative names||Fishergate Mills|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SE 5747 0366|
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 196
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.