Haymarket Flour Mills, Edinburgh
A mill (presumably steam powered) had existed on the site since the 1850s, and at some point converted to roller milling. It was purchased by Joseph Rank Ltd in 1920 and rebuilt c 1930 with a 650 h.p. steam engine. It was demolished in 1968.
|Alternative names||Herdman's Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||Scotland, United Kingdom|
|NGR||NT 236 731|
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Edinburghshire III.7 (1896)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Edinburghshire, Sheet 2 (1853)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.