Y Glyn Factory, Aberarth
Grade II Listed Y Glyn Factory was built in 1865, and operated from 1866 to c1957 by the Pugh family. The main building is single-storey on its north-west-facing front elevation, and two-storey on the south-east side, overlooking a steep-sided gully cut by a small tributary. It is built of whitewashed rubblestone, and has a hipped slate roof. An outbuilding with an asymmetrical gable facing south-west is attached at the west corner. at the north-east side there is a single-storey building, with a breast-shot waterwheel on its north-west side. Water was supplied by a 400 metre-long leat from a weir on the Afon Arth at SN4821563463, crossing the steep-sided gully by a concrete aqueduct to reach the mill.
|Mill function||Woollen mill|
|Location||Aberarth, Dyffryn Arth|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SN 48025 63776|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Cardiganshire XIX.5 (1905)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.