Fletton Mills, Peterborough
The mill was constructed in 1848 by Earl Fitzwilliam. It was steam powered and had 10 pairs of stones. In 1856 it was taken over by Michael Cadge and Samuel Colman and was later converted to roller milling. Whitworth Brothers took over the mill in 1936, although it retained the name Cadge and Colman. The mill ceased work in 1987. It was purchased by Peterborough City Council in 2016 for conversion to an arts hub, and the silos were demolished.
|Alternative names||Cadge and Colman Mill, Milton Mill, Whitworth's Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TL 196 970|
- Mehmed, Kem, "New life for historic city mill" (Nene Living, October 2017, p. 47)
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Huntingdonshire II.16 (1889)
- Shorland-Ball, Rob & Brian McGee, The roller milling revolution: Master list of researched and located mills (2013), mill no. 15
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.