Chimney Mill, Newcastle upon Tyne
A wind-powered corn mill in the historic county of Northumberland, England.
See related images and documents.
See images only.
Built to the design of John Smeaton. Chimney Mill is Grade II Listed.
|Mill type||Smock mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||NZ 24073 65546|
- Anthony Bryan, Mills Research Group Database
- Historic England National Heritage List for England
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Northumberland (Old Series) XCVII.3 (1898)
- Windmill World
Related shop products
Related publications in the library
- Chimney mill
- Decline and conservation of the English windmill with special reference to the North-East
- Mills: old, new and reused
- Windmills of the north east
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.