The Bridge Mill, Castletownroache
The mill was built around 1836. It was almost burnt down shortly after its construction, and was rebuilt after the fire on a much larger scale. The roller system was implemented and installed by Henry Simon in 1884. In 1904 the roller system was upgraded and remodelled to improve production. The mill operated until the 1990s when the local community bought the property and converted it to other uses.
|Electricity, Steam, Water
|Roller flour mill, Watermill
|Castletownroache, County Cork
- Milling (6 June 1908)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.