Ceulan Mills, Talybont
Grade II* Listed Ceulan Woollen Mill operated from 1860. The building was later extended to the southwest and a 7.7m diameter breast-shot waterwheel was erected against the southwest gable, The wheel has an iron hub, which is marked 'J Edgar Dublin', with twelve wooden spokes and iron shrouds marked 'Ellis Foundry 1891'. The building has two storeys and an attic, and is constructed of split local rubble in a lime mortar, under a slate roof; there are fixed-light windows with segmental brick heads. The waterwheel powered the mill machinery and in around 1920 it also drove an electric generator. In 1923 a double Pelton wheel turbine was installed, by Edwards of Llanuwchllyn, on the northeast gable to drive both the mill machinery and an electric generator and the waterwheel fell into disuse. The mill ceased working around 1955 and was abandoned in 1962.
|Mill function||Woollen mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SN 65585 89413|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Cardiganshire III.NE (1906)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.