Cwm Factory, Talybont
Cwm Mill is a Grade II Listed single-storey weaving mill, standing on the west bank of the Afon Leri gorge. It has five bays, and is built of rubblestone with a pitched slate roof and wooden window frames with iron glazing bars. It was powered by a composite breatshot waterwheel at its east end, 13 feet (3.96 metres) in diameter and bearing the maker's name, 'Samuel Owens, Newtown Foundry, 1858'. The mill was operated as part of the Leri Mills complex, and contained hand looms as well as powered looms.
|Mill function||Woollen mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SN 65135 89049|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Cardiganshire III.NE (1887)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.