Conder Mill, Quernmore, near Lancaster
The mill was bought by Edward Bibby in 1830. In 1878 the mill was passed to his grandchildren, Joseph and James Bibby, who ran the business J Bibby and Sons. The mill was used around this time to first produce compound animal meal.
In 1885 a fire causing £2,600 of damages gutted the mill, which was then left abandoned.
|Power source||Steam, Water|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill, Watermill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SD 508 594|
- James Ostler, The Insurance News (15 May 1886)
- John Benjamin Bibby and Charles Leslie Bibby, A miller's tale: a history of J. Bibby & Sons, Ltd, Liverpool (1979)
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Lancashire XXXIV.4 (1891)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.