Pulseton Mill, Wrexham
The mill was built around 1580. It was meant to serve as competition for King's Mill, Wrexham, which had been long considered the foremost mill of the region. At first Pulseton Mill was illegally milling for the residents of Wrexham and Ansty, as only King's Mill had the "suit of mill" giving them rights to mill for the region. The competition between the two mills ended in 1769 after they were both bought by Philip Yorke.
Pulseton Mill suffered from a fire in 1885, causing £5,000 of damage. It was still operational in 1912 but has since been closed and demolished.
|Alternative names||Felin Pulseton|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam, Water|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill, Watermill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SJ 325 493|
- James Ostler, The Insurance News (15 May 1886)
- Ordnance Survey 6 inch map, Denbighshire XXVIII (1879)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.