Bunhouse Flour Mills, Glasgow
Bunhouse Flour Mills were run by the Incorporation of Bakers of Glasgow for almost three centuries. The mill was given to the Bakers by the Regent Moray in 1568, as a reward for supplying his troops during their campaign against Queen Mary. The mill suffered from a devastating fire in 1886, causing £20,000 worth of damage.
|Alternative names||Ancient Wheat Mill of Partick, Archbishop's Mill, Regent Flour Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam, Water|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Old Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, Scotland|
|Country||Scotland, United Kingdom|
|NGR||NS 564 663|
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Lanarkshire VI.5 (City of Glasgow) (1860)
- The Standard (9 July 1886)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.