Redcliff Mills, Bristol
William Baker built the first mill here in 1854, followed by an adjacent one in 1862. The first mill burnt down in 1882, causing £20,000 worth of damage (as of 1885), and was replaced with a larger mill in 1883. A granary and silo were added in 1886. These mills operated under Baker and Sons, until 1889, when Baker and Sons merged with Joel Spillers company to become Spillers and Bakers Limited, Bristol's largest milling firm.
In 1988 the mill buildings were converted into flats.
|Alternative names||Baker & Son's Mill, Spillers Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Buchanan's Wharf, Bristol|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||ST 589 725|
- Beeson, Anthony, Central Bristol Through the Ages (2017)
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Gloucestershire LXXV.4 (1883)
- The Finance Chronicle and Insurance Circular (15 Janurary 1885)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.