Town Mills, Chatham
Wingent and Kimmins ran the mill until the 1920s, when the mill stood idle for several years. The mill was remodelled for Herbert Hooker, from Canterbury, with new roller plant by Henry Simon of Manchester in 1928. In 1956, pneumatic conveying was introduced, and the mill had an output of 13 sacks an hour. The mill has since been demolished.
|Alternative names||Hookers Mill, Wingent & Kimmins Mill|
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Location||Medway Street, Chatham|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|NGR||TQ 755 680|
- Glynn Jones, The Millers (2001), p. 325
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Kent XIX.7 (1909)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.