Felin Geri, Cwm Cou
Small Grade II* Listed C18 working water-powered corn-mill, altered or rebuilt 1805 and re-equipped in 1870s. Restored from dereliction 1972-5. A mill is recorded in 1610, and was part of the Lloyd of Cilgwyn estate. The mill was repaired and enlarged in 1805 by Thomas Lloyd and Admiral Richard Braithwaite. In 1972-5 work some of the structure was taken down and rebuilt, with the original stones numbered, the roof was restressed, attic floor replaced, stones redressed and wheel repaired.
|Mill function||Corn mill, Saw mill|
|Location||Cwm Cou, Beulah|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SN 30039 42305|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Cardiganshire XXXIX.SW (1889)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.