Meadow Mills, Greenfield
Meadow Mill rolling mill survives as a single storey roofless brick built structure adjoining the north side of the dam wall. Power was supplied by three cast iron waterwheels, 20ft diameter, supplied from John Wilkinson’s iron works at Bersham. The breastshot wheels with buckets received water from a pool. Consolidation work began in August 2003 to allow the building to form part of the Greenfield Valley Heritage Park. It is included within the Scheduled Anncient Monument of Greenfield Valley Mills.
|Alternative names||Meadow Works|
|Mill function||Rolling mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SJ 1910 7697|
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Historic Wales Cadw Listed Buildings
- Ordnance Survey 25 inch map, Flintshire VI.6 (1912)
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Cheshire XXXa (1878-1882)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.