Spillers Flour Mill, Cardiff
This mill was preceded by the first Spillers mill in the area, which was opened in 1856, but burnt down in a fire in 1882 costing £25,000 (as of 1885). This mill was built to replace the earlier mill, but was built nearby, rather than on the exact same site as the original mill, which was built on Bute Street Dock (ST 191 747).
The mill and the grain silos were demolished in the 1990’s.
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||ST 20481 75189|
- "Millennium Mills and Eastern Quay Apartm" (CC BY 2.0) by Jim Linwood
- Coflein, National Monuments Record of Wales
- Ordnance Survey six-inch map, Glamorgan XLVII.NE (ca1949)
- The Finance Chronicle and Insurance Circular (15 Janurary 1885)
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.