Weavers Flour Mill, Swansea
Built in 1898, Weaver and Company's Flour Mill was the earliest reinforced concrete building in Wales; grain silos were added a year later. The building was erected on Victoria Wharf, on the north side of the half tide basin of Swansea's former North Dock, using techniques devised by Francois Hennebique, the French engineer. Of massive construction, the building was a visual and technological landmark. It was purchased by Joseph Rank in 1923. It survived heavy bombing of the area during World War II, but it was demolished in 1984 to make way for a supermarket car park.
|Power source||Electricity, Steam|
|Mill type||Roller flour mill|
|Mill function||Corn mill|
|Country||Wales, United Kingdom|
|NGR||SS 66070 93096|
Missing information? Click here to tell us about this mill.